Resources and information for parents, students, staff and Buena Park community.
Common Core State Standards
Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
- As a parent, it is important to know what learning goals have been set for your student. This link will take you to the California Dept. of Education website where you will find information about the standards for all subjects.
What's Cooking with the Common Core in CA?
- This is a short video overview of the Common Core
What does Common Core Standards mean for Special Education
- An overview of what CCSS mean for students with disabilities
PTA's Guide to Student Success
- The Parent-Teacher Association put together a parent guide to help parents understand Common Core State Standards.
State Test Scoring - Each year students take statewide assessments to measure learning growth. Test scores are sent home during summer/early fall. To help parents understand the results, the California Dept. of Education has created a one-page summary and is available in English, Spanish and Korean.
Buena Park School District - Board Policies (Username: BPSD) (Password:PUBLIC)
Supporting your student at home
Be a Learning Hero
- Simple tips to help your student meet their learning goals at home
Buena Park Library
- The Buena Park Library has a variety of online tools to help support learning and reading at home.
Have a GATE student? The GATE reference guide attached below may help you support them at home.
Navigating the Digital World
Common Sense Media
- A resource for parents providing reviews of current technology along with guides on how to use technology in a positive way.
Just for Parents
- Common Sense Media provides valuable information and guidelines for parents who are seeking information on understanding the digital world.